Congressman David Scott Announces Two-Day "Help for Homeowners Community Events”
May 4, 2012 -
Congressman David Scott [GA-13], in partnership with the U.S. Departments of Treasury and Housing and Urban Development (HUD), will host the powerful two-day “Help for Homeowners Community Events” on Friday, June 1, 1:00pm-8:00pm and Saturday, June 2, 9am-3pm. These events will take place at the Georgia International Convention Center in College Park.
These events are free opportunities for homeowners to meet one-on-one with mortgage lenders and HUD-approved housing counselors for mortgage assistance. To watch a video of Congressman Scott inviting constituents to the event, visit his YouTube page at this link.
“The Atlanta region has been hit hard by unprecedented home foreclosure rates, especially homeowners from my District in Cobb, Clayton, Douglas, South Fulton, South DeKalb, and Henry counties. That is why I have been working hard with the U.S. Treasury Department to bring this powerful two day opportunity back to Atlanta,” said Congressman David Scott (GA-13).
Please bring the following documents:
- Monthly mortgage statement
- Information about other mortgages on your home, if applicable
- Two most recent pay stubs for all household members contributing toward mortgage
- If self-employed, the most recent quarterly or year-to-date profit and loss statement and two years of tax returns
- Documentation of income you receive from other sources (alimony, child support, social security, etc.)
- Three most recent bank statements
- A utility bill showing homeowner name and property address
- Unemployment insurance letter
WHEN: Friday, June 1, 2012, 1:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Saturday, June 2, 2012, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
WHERE: Georgia International Convention Center (GICC)
2000 Convention Center Concourse, College Park, GA 30337
· Complimentary parking.
· The GICC is available via the MARTA Airport station. From the Airport station, please board the free ATL SkyTrain located across the street and proceed to the GICC SkyTrain station.
American Home Mortgage Servicing
Aurora Loan Services
Bank of America
Georgia Department of Community Affairs (DCA)
One West Bank (Indy Mac)
State Home Mortgage
U.S. Veterans Administration (VA)
Wells Fargo/ Wachovia
Event Partners and Resources:
- Making Home Affordable
- U.S. Department of the Treasury
- HOPE NOW
- NeighborWorks America
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Fannie Mae
- Freddie Mac
- HUD-Approved Housing Counseling Agencies
- Veterans Affairs
- Hardest Hit Fund – Georgia HomeSafe
For more information, visit: www.MakingHomeAffordable.gov or www.HopeNow.com or call 1-888-995-HOPE (4673).
To pre-register or obtain more information on the HomeSafe Georgia program, which provides mortgage "bridge" assistance for up to 18 months for persons who are unemployed or underemployed, please click here.