Congressman David Scott is the proud annual sponsor of the Thirteenth Congressional District's Annual Art Competition, An Artistic Discovery. This competition brings together the best student artwork from high school students across the 13th District, which includes public, private and home school students in Clayton, Cobb, Douglas, Fayette, Fulton and Henry counties.
The Congressional Art Competition was created in 1982 as a way to showcase the artistic talents of young people throughout the country. To date, Congressman David Scott has awarded over $300,000 in scholarships to local student winners of his annual art competition.
Entries must be received in either Congressman David Scott's Smyrna or Jonesboro District Office by Monday, April 17, 2017.
There is no mandatory theme for the competition and participants must be present at the awards ceremony in order to win.
Congressman Scott will host an awards ceremony naming this year’s top winners on Saturday, May 13, 2017 at the Douglas County Courthouse Art Gallery, located at 8700 Hospital Drive, Douglasville, GA 30134.
The competition's top 5 winners will receive the following awards:
- The first place winner will be invited to attend a ribbon-cutting ceremony in Washington, D.C. where their artwork will hang in the U.S. Capitol for one year. The Art Institute of Atlanta will award a $12,000 scholarship to the first-place winner and Savannah College of Art and Design will offer a $3,000 scholarship per year to the first-place winner.
- The second place winner will receive a $7,500 scholarship from the Art Institute of Atlanta and their artwork will hang in the Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport.
- The third place winner will receive a $3,500 scholarship from the Art Institute of Atlanta and have their artwork hang in our DC office.
- The fourth place winner’s artwork will hang in our District Office in Jonesboro.
- The fifth place winner’s artwork will hang in our new District Office in Smyrna.
Students may obtain entry forms and official guidelines below or by contacting Congressman David Scott’s Office at 770/210-5073.