Congressman David Scott is the proud annual sponsor of the Thirteenth Congressional District's Annual Art Competition, An Artistic Discovery. His upcoming competition, for the 2018-2019 school year, will mark Congressman Scott’s 17th Annual Ceremony, bringing together the best student artwork from high school students across Georgia's Thirteenth Congressional District, which includes public, private and home school students in Clayton, Cobb, Douglas, Fayette, Fulton and Henry counties. This year's ceremony will be held on Saturday, April 20, 2019 at the Douglas County Courthouse.
The top 5 winners of the past 2018 ceremony received the following awards:
- The first place winner was invited to attend a ribbon-cutting ceremony in Washington, D.C. where their artwork was hung in the U.S. Capitol for one year. The Art Institute of Atlanta awarded a $12,000 scholarship to the first-place winner and Savannah College of Art and Design offered a $3,000 scholarship per year to the first-place winner.
- The second place winner received a $7,500 scholarship from the Art Institute of Atlanta and their artwork was hung in the Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport.
- The third place winner received a $3,500 scholarship from the Art Institute of Atlanta and had their artwork hung in our DC office.
- The fourth place winner’s artwork was hung in our District Office in Jonesboro.
- The fifth place winner’s artwork was hung in our new District Office in Smyrna.
Students, teachers, parents, and school administrators may obtain more information by contacting Congressman David Scott’s Office at 770/210-5073.