In accordance with CDC guidance during the COVID-19 pandemic, as well as Georgia's related state of emergency and shelter-in-place orders, the 2020 Congressional Art Competition has been postponed.
Each year Congressman Scott sponsors the district-wide Annual Congressional Art Competition, An Artistic Discovery. This high school visual art competition recognizes and encourages artistic talent in Georgia’s Thirteenth Congressional District. To date, Scott has awarded over $600,000 in scholarships to student artists.
For more information about the Art Competition, please call Congressman Scott’s office at 770-432-5405.
Last year, the top 5 winners of Congressman Scott’s Congressional Art Competition received the following scholarships and awards:
· The first-place winning entry is displayed for one year in the Cannon Tunnel of the U.S. Capitol. Additionally, the winning student was invited, along with one guest, to the unveiling of the exhibit and a reception in Washington, D.C., and was provided two round-trip airline tickets.
· The Art Institute of Atlanta awarded a $12,000 scholarship to the first-place winner and Savannah College of Art and Design offered a $3,000 scholarship per year to the first-place winner.
· The second-place winner received a $7,500 scholarship from the Art Institute of Atlanta and their artwork was hung in the Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport.
· The third-place winner received a $3,500 scholarship from the Art Institute of Atlanta and had their artwork hung in our DC office.
· The fourth-place winner’s artwork is displayed in our Jonesboro District Office for one year.
· The fifth-place winner’s artwork is displayed in our Smyrna District Office for one year.