If you need help with a federal government agency or issue, I'm happy to provide assistance and advocate for you however I can. My office can often contact the appropriate agency on your behalf to assure that you have been given every consideration available. Please know that I cannot force an agency to act in favor of a constituent. However, I can help communicate the circumstances and request that they take appropriate actions to assist you.
If your situation is an emergency that requires urgent help (an urgent passport request, an ill family member overseas, etc.), please call my District Office closest to you for immediate assistance.
Please read the following before submitting your request:
- If your issue concerns a state or local government issue, you should contact the appropriate jurisdiction. You can locate your state legislators by clicking here.
- Please keep in mind that the United States Constitution separates power between the legislative and judicial branches of government, and elected officials cannot interfere with legal matters or cases before a court of law. In these instances, you should speak with an attorney.
- Once you submit your request by clicking the button below, you will receive an email confirming your submission has been received. If you do not receive an email within the hour, please contact my office. Otherwise, a member of my team will be in touch with you as quickly as possible to discuss your situation and how I can help.
For passport inquiries: Due to a high volume of requests, the Atlanta Passport Agency Field Office has very limited availability and is only accepting urgent requests. If you are more than two weeks from your date of travel, please visit MyTravelGov (or call the Bureau of Consular Affairs at 1-877-487-2778) to submit your passport renewal request as soon as possible.
If you are seeking assistance from Congressman David Scott’s office, please find the list of necessary preliminary information below:
- Applicant's full name
- Date of birth
- Application number, if known
- Date of travel, if applicable (attach travel itinerary to establish proof of travel)
- Description of the request and important information to share with the passport agency
Click here to download a copy of the Privacy Release form in PDF format.
Click Here to Complete the Privacy Release Form.
Click here to share your story with my office.
You can also read the below guides which answer frequently asked questions before submitting your request: